Sunday, July 4, 2010

Butte to Beaver Dam Campground


A days rest certainly helped the knee and I feel refreshed as I set off for my 5th continental divide crossing. Much off the day was spent in high streamless country near the top of the Butte watershed, where camping is not allowed. Near the peak there was a nice view of Butte and also the Berkley Mining operation. Most of the day was spent rocky and dusty forests roads as I climbed up to the divide, this lead to a fast paced decent to route 15 and the big decision for the day. Would I take the alternate around the famous Fleecer Ridge or ride up to Beaver Dam campground and tackle the ridge in the morning? I decided to tackle the ridge, following the forest roads 6 miles into the mountains and settling down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment