Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bannack State Park to Lima


An early start again, I tried the visitors center for some hot water only to find that they did not open until 10am (it was my recollection that it was open at 8am). By the way, depending on my mood, I average a 45 min pack up time every morning. I headed off on the hilly, dusty and washboarded (still do not know that physical process which causes the roads to be like
this) road and felt the desertification of southern Montana. It was easy traveling over the Bannack Bench and I chose to head towards Route 15 to lengthen the day. Heading down Route 15, I stopped in Dell at the famous "Yesterdays Calf A" and chowed down a BLT and Dr. Pepper. I am always hungry but have to be careful when and how much I eat. Particularly when I still have decent mileage to go. The BLT tasted great although it made me eager to reach Lima. After camping for the last 3 nights I chose to stay at a motel and get everything clean again. The hosts were more that hospitable as they were well aware of the GDMBR, they gave me the largest room (actually had 4 beds in it) and I was able to get all of my laundry done. I headed out for some protein, and stopped at one of two restaurants in town. Here I was able to cook my own rib-eye with sides of salad, Texas toast and a baked potato. I barely got any sleep (maybe 2 or 3 hours) and that was probably due to the fact that I had 55 miles to do the next day!

Miles 48

No comments:

Post a Comment