Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Breckenridge Colorado

Its nice and early, my body is primed from a large pasta dinner last night and I have an "easy" 1800ft climb ahead of me. I will be passing over 11455ft, the second highest elevation on the trip so far. I will also be ending my adventure today, unfortunately it is the most sensible option, otherwise I will have very little time to rest and prep for the upcoming school year in Connecticut. I am headed over to Como, and from there will make my way to Denver. From there I will hopefully have the time to update my journey so far. It has been an amazing experience, a multitude of trail magic, and a bag full of challenges. I look forward to finishing the ride at the next opportunity and hope that everyone has enjoyed tagging along. Thank you very much for everyones help, hospitality and generosity!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are suspending your trip. I have so enjoyed following your travels and am a little jealous that I am not doing something it such a beautiful part of the world. Hope to see you soon and maybe you would have time to sail with us in late August.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alex, for sharing your adventure. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!! Looking forward to seeing you when you arrive home. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex...Isaac here from the father/son duo on motorcycles, we camped with you at Red Rock Reservoir in Montana where the mosquito's were hell. I'll be reading through your blog, looks interesting, though unfortunate to hear you didn't get as far as you wanted to. Luckily it will be waiting for you next year! I'm still in progress of writing up my trip, but here it is if you are interested:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606301

    ReplyDelete